Thursday, May 18, 2006

Riders in the storm

Rain for the rest of this week according to the weather forecast.

We had a couple of hours of riding window this afternoon, a lull in the rainy weather, so Uncle Pilo and I gladly took the opportunity to ride. What happened to the cliche- "April showers, May flowers"? I guess it's been extended one more month this season. :-)

Heading south east to the Old Port was a daunting task for the weak and uninitiated (bagsik ano). Strong head winds tried to push us back; each time we pedaled two strokes we were pushed back one.

Sige na nga- mahangin lang talaga :-)

Pilo was without his road bike which made the ride to the Old Port tougher than usual. He rode his good old Marco Polo hybrid bike. While I sprinted and kept up a good pace at around 30kph, pedaling against the wind, he fell behind quite a ways back.


Tito Lits, on the phone, at the Old Port of Montreal. That's Pilo's good old commuting bike, the Mikado Marco Polo sports hybrid, rear and front disc brakes pa man din.

But I am glad to be the bearer of good news. I'd like to announce to our riding buddies that Pilo's Guru super bike (ano ba yan) should be fitted, configured, and ready to ride by middle of next week.

Meanwhile, Pilo was complaining how hard it was to ride this old bike of his, how the seat's not comfortable, this and that, etc. how he can't feel his fingers anymore. This got us thinking, humming, singing the song "Love Is All Around".

I feel it in my fingers (I cannot feel my fingers)
I feel it in my toes (can't even feel my toes)
The love that's all around me (the wind is all around me)
And so the feeling grows (and so I am riding slow)
It's written on the wind (this freakin head wind bugs me)
It's everywhere I go (it's everywhere I go)
So if you really love me (so if you really love me)
Come on and let it show (come on let me ride slow)

Man, we had a blast as usual!!

See you on the bike path soon, y'all!!


Tito Lits, still on the phone. It's nice to be able to mix work and leisure- what a blessing!!

No comments: