Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Greeting for Tiay Ergo

Tiay Ergo, even though we have not seen and been with each other for many, many years and we are thousands of miles away from each other, the memories of times spent with you during my younger days, while visiting with you at your former home in Phil-Am, are still very clear in my mind.

It was always comfortable sleeping over there at Phil-Am because your house was air conditioned :-). It was probably the only house I knew then that was air conditioned :-), wala pa lamok :-)

I remember the breakfasts and lunches, over that beautiful table of yours, with the lazy Susan. I did not know of anyone, then, who had such a table. Thank you for your hospitality, for making me feel at home with you.

I am amazed at how long you can stay in front of your dresser trying to get yourself ready and looking good for the day :-)

I remember the times I've gone with you and other family members to Tioy Tim's Mason functions.

Christmas was fun then whenever we could jump into your VW Kombi and go for a tour around the city to view the Christmas decorations on display in front of various businesses and department stores.

I remember the time at Phil-Am, Tita Inday was still single then, and we were hiding from one of her suitors or admirers, lights turned off, because she did not want to entertain the person.

I remember your smile, your laugh, I can picture you, as you looked then, just as if you are here in front of me.

I also remember your visit to Montreal - again, I am amazed at how long you can stay in front of the dresser trying to get yourself ready and looking good for the day :-) ha ha ha :-) ( I am laughing inside, with tears in my eyes as I recall these things, happy tears).

I have many more fond memories of you in my treasure chest of memories and even as I start to have more and more gray hairs and the hair starts to get thinner and fewer :-), I will cherish them all for the rest of my days.

Tiay Ergo, you are loved!! You are blessed!!

Happy Birthday!! May this be your "Bestest" birthday ever!! :-)

Let me quote from the Great Book, a blessing for you, from the Lord our God:

Numbers 6:24-26 (New Living Translation)
24 `May the LORD bless you and protect you.
25 May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you.
26 May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.'

Love you!!

Lito, Nil, Paul, Pam (Allen), and Trish

No comments: