Friday, July 21, 2006

Michael Rogers Comments On Stage 17

I was vomiting all day. Every time I ate anything, it came back up

13:33 - Michael Rogers Comments On Stage 17

I’ve never seen anything like what Floyd did yesterday,” said one of the last riders to follow the winner of stage 17, Michael Rogers (TMO).
LeTour.fr contacted the world time trial champion before stage 18. “It was an amazing performance. Who would think that someone so high in the general classification could be so bold and attack so far from the finish… and still have the energy to win. Incredible!
“I tried to follow him on the Col des Saissies but I can tell you thtat, at the speed Floyd was going, it was impossible for me to maintain the tempo. I was feeling okay at the start of the stage but he was superman: at the moment he dropped everyone, the gradient was about 10 per cent and Floyd was tapping away at about 36-38km/h…!”
The Australian is currently 10th overall after finished 22nd in the stage to Morzine. “I just couldn’t do anything at the finish. I was vomiting all day. Every time I ate anything, it came back up. It’s not the best way to ride a stage like that.”

Stage 18

No comments: