Saturday, April 14, 2007

First Ride This Season, 2007 - Old Port of Montreal

Uncle Pilo and I got together and rode to the Old Port of Montreal and back - Lachine, 55th Ave for me. I logged 36 kms for this ride.

It felt so good to ride once again.

I could not find my over booties. I was concerned that my pair of wool socks won't hold the cold weather from freezing my feet, but, nevertheless, did pretty good sans le booties.

Mild tail wind heading towards the Old Port, averaging 30 kph, but headwinds on the way back, felt much colder, we manage to average 20 something kph. What wind?! This will only make us stronger when we get to the hills and inclines, right Uncle Pilo?!


Stopped for coffee and to de-ice our feet, Montreal Science Centre Cafe at the Old Port. Lots of people lining up to catch an Imax movie.


As you can see, there is still ice and snow here in Montreal.


Care for a snowball fight? :-)


Corner of St. Patrick and Lasalle Blvd, by the entrance to Rene Levesque Park.


Corner of St. Patrick and Lasalle Blvd, by the entrance to Rene Levesque Park. We appreciated the cold weather and the overcast skies which most likely kept the bike path practically empty; just die hard cyclists like Uncle Pilo and myself. :-))


Loading up the bike on to the bike rack.


odometer reading


bike gear all set up and ready in the trunk of Tito Lito's car :-)

No comments: