Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday Night at the FAMAS Induction Ball

We were invited to attend the induction ball for the newly elected executive board of FAMAS (Filipino Association of Montreal and Suburbs). The invitation cost us $100.00 ($50.00 per person, dinner, dance). It was held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Montreal (formerly the Meridien Hotel).







Coming into the downtown area, I took the Ville Marie Expressway. I had my camera (Canon SD1000) on standby, ready to shoot on the fly. There's this certain frame I'd been wanting to shoot, it's where and when you are approaching the De La Montagne exit off the Ville Marie. Again, I just love the compactness of the SD1000.









I took these four photos (above) after taking the De La Montagne exit and while weaving through the slow moving traffic. This was in the vicinity of the Bell Centre where the Montreal Canadiens pro-hockey team was scheduled to play, which explains the heavy traffic.





Finally made it to the Hyatt Regency, made our way into the hotel parking, underground level. Max Handinero, an old acquaintance of ours, shows us a vacant parking spot. Thanks Max!

For the rest of the pictures from the FAMAS Induction Ball, I will be posting them shortly on my Picasa Web Album.

Cheers! Mabuhay!!

No comments: