Saturday, April 26, 2008

First Ride This Season, 2008 - Old Port of Montreal

I left my road bike at Gianella's on Sources blvd. since Friday last week and to date has not been worked on (tune up, front wheel truing, new chain, etc.). Busy time of the year for them I am sure and I understand.

It was a beautiful day today, thank God, and so will be the next couple of days (weekend) so I decided to pick up my bike from the shop and told the mechanic that I will return it this Monday morning (hold my spot in the waiting list). I was told that there are three (3) bikes ahead of me, and probably one of them is Pauly boy's road bike. ;-)

parked at the corner of 52nd and St.Joseph blvd. in Lachine
met up with Uncle Pilo somewhere along the Lasalle blvd bike path
by the Lasalle blvd bike path, the St.Lawrence river in the background
feeling strong ;-), in spite of the cool breeze, and a head wind at that heading towards Old Montreal, Old Port
updating my Facebook status ;-)
arriving at the Old Port of Montreal
stopped for coffee break at the coffe shop by the entrance to the Montreal Science Centre
traffic on Highway 20 westbound lane, this was around 6:30pm
heading back along the Lachine Canal bike path, quiet early evening
smile for the camera
I threw the camera over to Uncle Pilo, good catch, and he snaps a photo of Tito Lits
corner of St.Patrick and St.Joseph Blvd.
Yay! First bike ride of the EEG Cycling Society for this 2008 season
36kms and change

No comments: