Monday, September 20, 2010

Trip to Toronto

Been meaning to drive to Toronto to visit an ailing former high school classmate and friend.
Sadly, I found out, late Friday evening, he had passed away earlier late in the morning.
I knew right there and then that I would drive to Toronto for the funeral which was scheduled for Sunday morning, September 19,2010.
I searched through Hotwire.ca for a reasonable accomodation not far from the funeral home. As usual with Hotwire you do not know which hotel you will be booked in up to only when you have gone through the booking and check out process- reservations made and paid for.
I chose a 4 star hotel (did not know which name or brand) that would cost me $85.00 / night.
The hotel turned out to be the Hilton Suites, Conference Center and Spa on Warren and Highway 7. Beautiful hotel indeed.


checked in and luggage left in our room, we are headed to 1st Markham Place for dinner.


view from the 9th floor


view from the 9th floor


by the elevator
Posted by Picasa

No comments: