Tuesday, September 14, 2004

How was the ride the night before?

As always, we had a great ride.

We, Trish, Paul, and I were late for our 5:00pm meeting time with Pilo. Pilo said he was going to ride his hybrid but instead showed up on his road bike, which was better for him, otherwise, with the crosswind on the way to the Old Port of Montreal, he would have suffered badly, I mean, those legs would really feel the pain :)))

We said it was going to be a leisurely ride, but, again, as it was before, whenever we say that, who knows how fast or how slow you will be riding, right?? Paul and Trish sped away while Pilo and I were very much content with just pacing at about 25kph, trying to warm up on a cool fall late afternoon. I felt my legs were still asleep. By the time we got to the Old Port area I felt much better.

Oh yeah, before leaving home we had to change Trish's tube; she had a flat tire. She's had that flat tire since our last ride when were in Ottawa, Labor Day Weekend. We didn't bother changing the tube then, instead we switched front wheels using the spare front wheel from Aubrey's bike. So, we thought, all was well until we got to Rene Levesque Park where we were going to part ways with Pilo. Flat tire again! We pumped air into the tire then ride for a little bit, stop, pumped more air, ride, etc., until we got back to the car. I suspect that Trish front wheel does not have an inner liner for the tube. Anyhow, we'll see about that when we change the tube once more later today.

Overall, as I said earlier, we had a great ride!! My odometer for the ride shows 37.57km.

No comments: