Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Long Distance Church - Christianity.ca

Long Distance Church - Christianity.ca

Long Distance Church
Bayview Glen Church, Toronto, has the corner on the world's only genuine "cell" group, and that's the truth!
by Sam Nasser

During the Persian service at Bayview Glen Church in Toronto several months ago, my wife Zorah reported to me that Menu, one of the ladies was always talking on a cell phone during my preaching. I had noticed it too, and it had somewhat disturbed me. Perhaps there was an emergency, I thought. The pattern continued. The next week, there she was on the phone again. Again I ignored it. Finally my wife told me, "If you don't say something to her, Sam, I will."
Long Distance Church

I invited Menu to my office to talk.

"But Pastor! I already told you! My husband in Iran is very interested in how I became a Christian because of listening to you."

"All well and good," I said, "but what's the thing with the cell phone?"

"I bought a calling card ($10 for two hours)," she replied, "and I call my husband in Tehran so he can hear you preaching. He puts the call on the speakerphone so my mother and sister can hear too. They have been inviting other friends and family over, and for the past three months, they have been listening to you preach. More people come every week. I am not talking on the phone. I'm just holding it up so they can hear your message about Jesus!"

The following week, this lady sat at the front of the congregation. After my message on how much Jesus loves us as His treasured children, I asked if there were people who wanted to pray to receive Jesus into their hearts.

"My husband! My husband!" Menu shouted from the second row. "My husband got saved! My mother and sister want to come to the Lord too!" [ Rest Of Story ]

1 comment:

Lito G. Espinosa said...

Truly Amazing.