Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Father's Love Letter

The Father's Love Letter

Faithful Father

Faithful Father - Brian Doerksen

This song was in the making over a 2 year period as I was working on the musical “Father’s House.” I returned many times to Luke 15 to meditate on the story of the prodigal son and there found love I couldn’t explain and the inspiration for this song. If true praise is given in response to seeing and experiencing something good, then this song of praise is mine for every time I fail and I see the Father running to meet me.

Over the years this song has been used in worship services in various churches. It also forms the soundtrack seen by millions for the original “Father’s Love Letter” Video on the popular website fathersloveletter.com, a site devoted to sharing the Father heart of God.

I continue to believe that the revelation of God as Father needs to form His people into a living ‘Father’s House’ on earth, a safe place where we all learn what it means to be sons and daughters of the Father in heaven.

1 comment:

Lito G. Espinosa said...

You're welcome.

Here's a Pinoy brother in the Lord who's got a CD out - check it out.

http://www.rexverzosa.com/