Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday Monday So Good To Me

It seemed like the week went by like a blur, zoomed right by. Maybe because I was taking my cough medication, nursing a cold, and was mostly like "high" :-).

I had to refuse mom's invitation to have lunch, or was it dinner, at their place for fear of passing my cold to them- not a very good idea for seniors. Seniors, stay away from those who have cold symptoms. You do not want to get what they have. On second thought, I may have gotten it from them when I visited last week, and it took a little time to incubate? Thank God, I am feeling much better now.

Weekly meetings at the church is pretty much the norm these days. We had a leadership meeting last week, a time to be kept up to speed as to what's happening in the various active ministries at the church.

Tita Nil was home the rest of the past week, which is very nice, in many ways. Oh, she read up on juicing and juiced up a storm, putting together various concoctions (veggies with fruits), recipes she found in the juicing book, which is supposed to be good for you and me. It was great Tita Nil. Too bad she's on duty today and tomorrow. I had to be satisfied with toast with strawberry jam and cereal for breakfast, oh, and yes, my cup of green jasmine tea.

Tita Nil is celebrating a birthday anniversary this Wednesday, March 16. The penalty for revealing her real, true age, is death by "kilitation" (a new word, check out the Webster new edition) :-). I am stumped for a an idea. Lord, please help me.

Our Sunday Service was a blessing, as always. We had, as our guest speaker, the pastor of the Indonesian Alliance Church of Montreal, Pastor Gideon Tandirerung. I found out later on that he studied at the Christian and Missionary Alliance Seminary in the Philippines where he also met his Filipino wife, Claire. Looking forward to spending some time with them. He talked about how God is moving in the part of the world, how persecutions of Christians are a common occurrence.

How have I up kept up recently with physical conditioning, with winter still here with us? There's the bike trainer from Oka that Paul and I share. I have also started my daily push ups, aiming for 50 reps this week and increasing that to about a 100 by next week. I feel the need to strengthen my abdominal muscles, firm up the mid section.

Thank God for the quiet times, I get to catch up on my reading (and blogging). I have started re-reading "The Purpose Driven Church" recently. I hope to be able to establish a small group that would meet weekly and study the "Purpose Driven Life". Both books were written by Rick Warren of the Saddleback Community Church.

More later. Meanwhile, may the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. Amen!!

No comments: