Monday, April 10, 2006

Welcoming a New Day

Welcoming a New Day

By Dr. Robert Schuller

"This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

How do you welcome a new day? I invite you to join me in this positive meditation:

What surprises do You have planned for me today, Lord?

I am excited about the abilities that I have at my disposal.

I am able to see, think, and hear!

I am able to read.

I have the ability to plan.

I am excited about the hours and minutes this day holds.

I am suddenly conscious, heavenly Father, that You give to all human beings the same number of minutes and hours in every day.

And I am aware of the fact that the most important resource I possess is not money but time!

For time is life.

With the gift of time I have the opportunity to laugh! ... to love! ... to talk! ... to think! ... to pray! ... to give of myself to people whose paths will cross mine. Surely, my dreams will come true because I am blessed! I am alive! I am being given the priceless gift of another day to live! I take the time to carry out my dreams. Today I can move them forward!

My problems can be solved for I am walking the walk of faith! For I am filled with genuine thanksgiving. I will use the gift of this day wisely. I will do something about my life's opportunities and obstacles, its dreams and disappointments.

O God, thank You for treating me fairly!

You have given me a fresh day with freedom to do something constructive!

This faith gives me hope.

Thank You, Father. Amen.

No comments: