Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hincapie’s Stage Of Shock

Tour de France 2005
Hincapie’s Stage Of Shock

“I’m in a state of shock right now.” George Hincapie admitted that he had just won the biggest race of his life and it was natural that he didn’t quite know how to handle the attention that was lavished upon him at the finish of the hardest mountain stage of the 2005 Tour de France. It was an inspiring display with so many consequences that George found it difficult to come to terms with the reaction.
He is the first team-mate of Armstrong’s to win a stage of the Tour since 1999 and immediately it was suggested that he could be an heir to the rider who is due to retire in exactly one week.
Even the Discovery Channel team’s director Johan Bruyneel started hinting that it was an option to make Hincapie – a rider who made his reputation in the one-day Classics of Spring but also the only man who has ridden with Armstrong for every one of his six Tour victories – the team captain at next year’s Tour.
“I’m trying to deal with one thing at the moment,” said Hincapie. “I’ve just won the biggest race of my life. Let me think about that first. I’ve been working hard for Lance, and for Johan to start saying stuff like that is pretty amazing. If he wants to give me a shot, I’ll do what I can.”
Click Here For More

1 comment:

Lito G. Espinosa said...

keyword there is "selfless"

very well deserved indeed!!