Sunday, August 27, 2006

I will praise the LORD as long as I live

Psalm 146

1
Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, I tell myself.

2
I will praise the LORD as long as I live.
I will sing praises to my God even with my dying breath.

3
Don't put your confidence in powerful people;
there is no help for you there.

4
When their breathing stops, they return to the earth,
and in a moment all their plans come to an end.

5
But happy are those who have the God of Israel[a] as their helper,
whose hope is in the LORD their God.

6
He is the one who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them.
He is the one who keeps every promise forever,


7 who gives justice to the oppressed
and food to the hungry.
The LORD frees the prisoners.


8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts the burdens of those bent beneath their loads.
The LORD loves the righteous.

9
The LORD protects the foreigners among us.
He cares for the orphans and widows,
but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.

10
The LORD will reign forever.
O Jerusalem,[b] your God is King in every generation!
Praise the LORD!


Footnotes:

1. Psalm 146:5 Hebrew of Jacob.
2. Psalm 146:10 Hebrew Zion.

No comments: