Monday, October 04, 2004

Cocococollllllllllllllllld!! Tita Nil (Mommy) where are our booties and cycling tights, jackets???

I thank God for my beloved, patient, better than better half :)

If you need anything here at home and you can't find it, "ask your mommy".

Paul: "mom, where's my cycling jacket, cycling tights, you know, the long ones from MEC?"
Paul: "mom, have you seen my booties, you know, the thing that I wear over my cycling shoes? It's cold tonight and I'm afraid my feet may freeze out there"

Paul and I went for a quick, short ride.

When Pauly rides, to warm up, he cranks it up, I mean, he wants to go zooooom!

I prefer to take my time, knowing myself well, my limits, etc. (siempre, medyo may edad na), particularly tonight, with the temperature at 8C (before any windchill factor), relax lang, easy does it.

Maybe Paul's system is better, he gets warmed up much faster, siguro.

By the way, nice thing about the cold weather is there's hardly any traffic on the bike path.

Anyway pretty soon I'm able to keep up with Paul, jogging on my pedals (you can say I was standing on my pedals- it felt like running), starting to sweat. Sweat tells me, I guess, that I'm ready to shift to a higher, faster gear, which I did.

Lights, flashers, action! Definitely you need them, specially here in our area of Pierrefonds, where some streets do not have street lamps and where some potholes await the unsuspecting rider.

By the time we got home, after about 25kms in the cold weather, we, as always, were glad we went out and rode, even for less than an hour. Main thing is consistency.

My feet, even with the neoprene boots, got cold eventually. Thank you T.Nil for the foot massage.

--
LGE
have you ridden your bike lately?
http://lovetoride.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Lito G. Espinosa said...

Basically I wore three layers for the upper body. I wore a windproof jacket over a long sleeve jersey over a short sleeve jersey but still felt cold.

After 10 to 15 minutes of riding I got warmed up, at one point I took off my fleece baseball cap, the one with a pair of ear flaps to shield your ears from the wind.

I wore a pair of long cycling pants and a pair of neoprene booties.You can say that we love to shop at MEC :).