Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Town of St-Anne De Bellevue


overlooking the boardwalk at St-Anne's Posted by Hello


Paul on his Giant OCR2 road bike-St-Anne De Bellevue Posted by Hello

Beautiful weather, sunny, a mild 14C, winds calm, who could resist. Paul and I could not, so we went out for a ride to the Town of St-Anne De Bellevue, a 45 km ride, round trip.

And not long after we got back from Annie's Pilo calls to ask if we'd like to ride with him. I knew that on Wednesday evenings he's got his French language class, and that's why Paul and I decided to ride earlier. Well, he says that it so nice outside he'd rather go for a bike ride than go to his French class :) . Sorry sir, I do not want to over stress my knees, oops, I meant my bike frame (lots of pot holes, as you know, on the way to St-Anne's, through the town of Senneville).

Talking about potholes, we've noticed that someone took the time and effort to mark the potholes and other road aberrations with a fluorescent paint, so as to call the bike rider's attention to the spot. Whoever you are, God bless you!!

Also, this same person wrote on the pavement, just right after the climb up the HILL (you know, that used to be infamous Senneville hill), "whoooof!" It must have been intended to exhort, to encourage the rider, to "allez!, allez!, go!, go!"

Paul and I obliged with a hearty, loud "WHOOOF!!"- just when you are relieved, happy, you've made it to the top of that HILL, happy to catch your breath. WHOOOF!

Have you ridden your bike lately?

No comments: