Saturday, October 30, 2004

Evening bike ride to the Old Port of Montreal

Evening bike ride to the Old Port of Montreal


Webcam, Old Montreal: http://www.montrealcam.com/en-placecartier.html

Webcam, Old Port of Montreal: http://www.montrealcam.com/en-svpm.html

At around 7:00PM I drove by car to 53rd ave Lachine and Lakeshore, rode by bike from there to the Old Port and back.

I do not recommend this for the faint of heart. Hardly anyone on the bike path between 53rd ave Lachine and Old Port of Montreal. Personal safety is another concerned. Thank God I wasn't mug or hijacked :)

Also, you need to have a good headlight or lighting system ( I use a 15W Vista Lite head light system with two nightstick NiMH batteries) and back up flashers, front and back. It was providential that by the time I got back to 53rd ave in Lachine my night stick batteries completely drained out, power off :) I would have ridden in the dark, even though there are street lamps along the route, many are not working so there are stretches where it is just plain dark, black.

There was a battleship, a destroyer I think it was, docked at the port and there Crystal Symphonywas also the Crystal Symphony ship at the Old Port of Montreal. I noticed a few Pinoys (Filipinos), probaby part of the cruise ship's crew, using the public telephones outside the customs & immigration area. I decided it was not a good idea to hang around and chat with them because I'll get back much later and the night was starting to get colder too.

My feet was freezing by the time I got back to the car :) and as I said earlier, my headlight batteries were gone by then (perfect timing, I thought).

1 comment:

Lito G. Espinosa said...

True. I usually ride with one or two others.